A unique feature of Techweek Waikato was a secure App that provided information on events, sessions, speakers and exhibitors, and enabled attendees to register for events and provided opportunities to network with other attendees. The Techweek Waikato App is an easy to navigate, functional yet simple application designed to maximise the opportunity for positive outcomes from events and interactions across the region during Techweek Waikato.
Search for "Techweek Waikato" at the AppStore or GooglePlayStore or click below.
For all support inquiries related to the Techweek'18 Waikato App
Phone 029 2899353
Terms and conditions
By downloading and using the Techweek Waikato App you agree to these Terms and Conditions of use.
Please ensure you read them carefully.
You are not allowed to –
- Send the App to anyone else, unless agreed in writing with Waikato Innovation Park
- Copy or modify the App
- Extract the code for this App
- Make other versions, for example in other languages, of this App
The App and all the trade marks, copyright, and intellectual property rights related to the App belong to Waikato Innovation Park.
Included within these Terms and Conditions is the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Information provided in this App related to the Techweek Waikato programme including event, date, time, speaker, session and exhibitor details is subject to change.
- Techweek Waikato events require Registration and some events require a payment. This is managed through Eventbrite. Adding an Event or Session to your Schedule in the App is not confirmation of your registration for the Event if it requires payment.
- Waikato Innovation Park and Room9 are committed to ensuring the App is as efficient as possible and therefore App updates may be released and the User will be prompted to download and install an updated version of the App. The User agrees to accept and install updated version of the App when prompted.
- The App collects Personal Information. It is the User’s responsibility to ensure their mobile device and access to the App are kept secure.
- The App requires access to an active Internet connection to download and install the App and to use some of the features within the App. Waikato Innovation Park and Room9 take no responsibility for the App not working as advised due to limited wifi or data connectivity.
- User accept any responsibility related to charges, including roaming charges, for connection and use of an active Internet connection.
- The App is currently available on Android and iOS platforms. If the requirements for these systems change the User will be promoted to download and installed an updated version of the App. Waikato Innovation Park and Room9 do not guarantee that the App will work on all versions of the Android and iOS platforms. The User agrees to accept and install updated version of the App when prompted.
- Waikato Innovation Park reserves the right to stop providing the App, and may terminate access to the App at anytime without giving notice to the User. The Terms and Conditions herewith then end and the User must stop using and uninstall (and delete) the App.
- The User agrees to use the App in agreement with the Acceptable Use Policy.
Acceptable Use Policy
Waikato Innovation Park permits the User to use the App for personal, non-commercial purposes only. Use of the App for any other purpose is prohibited.
Users who do not agree with the Acceptable Use Policy are not permitted to use the App.
Users of the App agree –
- To be legally bound by the Terms and Conditions including Acceptable Use Policy
- Not to gather, extract reproduce and/or display anywhere else any data, information, screenshots or details included in or provided by the App, unless the User has obtained the express written consent (which may be withdrawn at anytime) from Waikato Innovation Park
- Not to use the App to provide data and information to any other persons or organisations other than for your personal and non-commercial use.
This page is used to inform App users regarding our policies with regard to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
This information is also accessible through the Techweek Waikato App.
Information Collection and Use
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- LinkedIn Username and Password (if you choose to Register with this information or link your App profile with your LinkedIn profile)
- location (possibly)
- interactions with other Techweek Waikato App users
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Enable the App feature that links one user with the other when a connection request is processed to be of use
- Identify your location and track movements for the purposes of reporting your activity back to you (possibly)
- Download your LinkedIn profile if you choose to login with or link to your LinkedIn
- Possibly send push notifications to your phone or email address
- Be able to call or email you to provide support if you have made an inquiry
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- the App developer and a contracted Support person in order to be able to resolve any technical or user related queries.
Attendee information will not be shared directly with the sponsors or partners.
Provision of personal information
Providing some information is optional.
- If you choose not to enter your LinkedIn profile details, we'll be unable to download your LinkedIn profile information and you will need to set up your App profile manually
- If you choose not to enter your organisation name we'll be unable to provide that information in your profile to people you want to connect with
- If you choose not to enter your role we'll be unable to provide that information in your profile to people you want to connect with
Storage of information
We keep your information safe by storing it in encrypted files and only allowing access to it by certain staff.
We keep your personal identification information for 1 month at which point we securely destroy it by securely erasing all digital information identifying you. The data will then be anonymized in order to analyse it for the purposes of evaluating the programme of events and planning future events.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access to personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone Jannat Maqbool on 029 2899353, or contact Craig Purcell or Hayley Smith at Waikato Innovation Park 07 857 0500 or Melody Lane, Ruakura, Hamilton..
M: 029 2899353 (Jannat Maqbool)
Waikato Innovation Park
Melody Lane, Ruakura, Hamilton
P: 07 857 0500 (and ask for Craig Purcell or Hayley Smith)